Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What This Face Says About Me

Jackson here. Lately, I've been giving Mom, Dad, and whatever adult tries to interact with me this look:



So what am I trying to get across with this odd contorted facial expression? Well, that depends. In this particular case, I was trying to paint my Easter egg when Dad said something goofy like "Say cheese!" So I tried to appease him without losing concentration.

I have other versions of The Face that I bring out when I'm watching TV or looking for the fruit snacks in the pantry. All involve a slight head tilt in the direction of the person calling my name, to let them know that I do, in fact, hear them, but that I'm in the middle of something and I'd appreciate a little privacy.

On a second shout, I will cock my head a degree or two more in their direction, enough to allow them to see my eyes, which stay on the original target and hopefully lets them know that I AM BUSY AND I'LL BE WITH YOU IN A MOMENT.

Finally, if they won't relent because it's bed time or dinner time or time to do something else that's not fun and they commence really getting beligerent, then I'll turn my full attention to them. For three seconds. That's as much time as I can give them.

Because I've got things to do. And I can't be bothered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home