Hair
Donovan here. Maybe you've noticed: I've got a bit of a hair problem.
It started about a month ago. My hair -- which had always been thick and lustrous -- began to get a little unruly. It creeped over my ears and stuck up when I got out of the tub.
I didn't think that much of it, until I heard the following at the mall last Saturday from a friendly old lady who walked past my stroller: "Uh, oh, it looks like she lost one of her socks!"
First, I take my own socks off and I knew exactly where it was. Second, she?! That's not what a big burly guy like me wants to hear.
Then, the last straw came when I saw this...
Yeesh. I guess I need a haircut. Fine. I get it. But the problem is this: Mom and Dad aren't exactly Vidal Sassoon, if you know what I mean. Need proof? Look at this disaster:
So what's a guy to do? I could go with the Uncle Bob look (lots of product, with a little ramp in the front, like I'm running into an unseen wall). One thing that ain't happening: I'm not going anywhere near Grandma Coffman's bowl or pasta strainer or whatever she used to use on her kids.
So the only options I can come up with is to just let it go... and wear really manly clothes.


5 Comments:
Grandma Coffman would be glad to give you a haircut. She still has her scissors. In fact, she has two pairs. One to cut with, one to thin out hair with. Those scissors seemed to do an okay job when your mommy was little. Grandma thinks you should let it grow, however. It is very cute. And it has a bit of curl. How lucky. Maybe when you cut some of it off, you could send it to Grandma, so she could paste it onto hers to add some curl.
10:47 PM
"Nice Do"
10:54 PM
DoDad says "way to go, mom!"
8:30 PM
DoDad says "way to go, mom!"
8:30 PM
Long haired hippie!!!
4:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home